Leave a message for Judy on her guestbook

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Negative is positive!

My results for my mammogram and MRI came back negative! I am cancer free. I could not believe it. I thought I believed that that cancer was gone but it wasn't until I heard, "benign" and "no abnormalities" that I could finally take a deep breath. Immediately following that moment I smiled, then cried, then got angry. From here on out I will be getting a mammogram and MRI yearly.

For the past six weeks I have been working out with a trainer and have changed my diet (to a keeping cancer in remission diet. No soy, dairy, sugar. Mostly eating veggies, veggies, veggies and fish). I have more energy and my mood has gotten much better. Now that I am cancer free I have gone back to obsessing about my weight. I am very happy to say that I have lost ten pounds! My oncologist said that with being on Tamoxafin it will be hard to loose weight due to messing with my hormones. Slowly but surely.

Speaking of Tamoxafin (the pill form of chemo that I am on for 5 years). Apparently one of the side effects is loss of vision. So, a few weeks ago when everything became blurry I freaked out. I didn't know at the time that it could be a side effect of Tamoxafin but had wondered if it was a side effect of chemo so I called my Oncologist. He said that it is a side effect so he told me to stop taking the tamoxafin for a week and see if my vision gets better. I can see but everything is annoyingly blurry. If it is the Tamoxafin then he will put me on another drug (with even more side effects). I am trying to not get worked up about it and just wait till next and see...and hopefully really see!

Oh, funny story. Oh. First you should know that my breasts are not even yet. My plasic surgeon wants to see if my left one will go down a size from loosing weight before doing another lift or reduction. Etc. Ok. Now the funny story. So, I moved last week and you know how when you move things get thrown into random boxes, especially toward the end of the packing? Well, I had my right breast (pad) sitting on my dresser so I would know where it was...while I was loading the car my right breast got packed away! I have not found it since. So, I have been stuffing my bra with a rolled pair of underware. Oh, cancer!

That is all for now. I am in the car with my family and my dog heading up to Ashland, Wisconsin to visit my brother and niece and nephew for Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to it! I have a lot to be thankful for this year. With everything going on this time last year, I don't remember Thanksgiving at all last year. I really don't remember a thing!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lots of love,

Judy

No comments: