Leave a message for Judy on her guestbook

Friday, December 28, 2012

Chemo

Yesterday I had my second round of chemo.  I feel some comfort in knowing what to expect.  With chemo, the side effects are accumulative.  So, what I experienced the first time, I will experience again but the side effects will be a little bit worse each time.  What I experienced the first time was diarrhea, slight nausea, tingly finger tips and toes and joint pain.  The joint pain was the most frustrating and hard to control.  I also had insomnia for a few nights from the steroids they gave me along with the chemo to fight nausea. 

I am pretty much completely bald.  I have a little stubble on the top of my head.  I am enjoying not having to shave...anywhere.  I haven't shaved in two weeks and I still feel smooth.  I still have my eyebrows.  They should go away from this round of chemo in about two weeks. 

I am keeping busy trying to figure out how to use these experiences for my one woman show.  I have a few ideas in the works that are making me giggle.  I think it is helping me to have a creative outlet.

Thanks for reading.

Judy