Leave a message for Judy on her guestbook

Monday, December 22, 2008

Getting closer

My hospital bag is packed...mostly with books and magazines and crosswords that I don't think I will touch but packed anyway. I also packed my ipod, pictures of Daphne, some candy (because let's face it - I am still me), a journal, very few clothes, pez dispensers that Andy and Becky gave me (they are all of Disney princesses. I packed two of them: Mulan because she is a strong warrior and Jasmine because she is hot) and a few dvds.

My call time has now been changed to 6am! Then at 7am they will take me to the nuclear medicine department and inject into my breast a nuclear substance and then observe where it goes so they can track which is the first or sentinel lymph node where the lymph system travels from the breast. The cool part is that they will then take something like a Geiger counter and hold it against my arm pit that will signal the flow of the lymph system from the breast and help them identify the sentinel node (the first node to which the lymph travels). My mom said that this is an uncomfortable procedure but to that I had to laugh because I can't imagine it hurting more than taking off my breast.

From there I go back to day surgery which should be around 8am and wait until 9am. I am sure that I won't just sit there and wait. I am sure they will be taking my blood pressure, start an IV, meet the anesthesiologist and things like that. I am hoping that my mom can go with me wherever I go until it's time for surgery. I also hope that since she works there and knows most of the doctors and nurses working on me that she can pull some strings. Apparently she requested that certain nurses and anesthesiologist work on me. So, that's good.

Thank you to everyone who is sending me love via thoughts, texts, phone calls or e-mails. I truly appreciate and welcome them all.

Going to go eat dinner with my family now and then go chill out and get some me time. I am pretty ready to call it a night even though I didn't wake up till 9am and then took a two and a half hour nap and it's only 8:30pm!

There is a waiting room with a computer so my mom said that she and my sister will update the blog from the hospital. FYI.

Love you.

Judy

2 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Judy,

I left a longer message on your regular email and hope that you may have a chance yet to see it tonight. If not, the synopsis is that we love and miss you and are sending you hugs and thoughts of strength and healing.

Love, Ken and Deb

Shannon said...

Hey Judy - I know you won't get this right away, but know that Matt and I are thinking of you and sending you good vibes and strong thoughts. We love you! And thank you for this blog to let us all know how you are! Take Care, be strong, Love,
Shannon and Matt